Friday, May 2, 2008

Drum Roll Please

This will be a huge weekend for me.

My son is going to his dad's. That leaves me ripe and ready for only one thing - finishing my book.

The last few weeks have been a blur as my son winds down with school performances, trips, and adventurous possibilities. We had my niece's wedding a couple of weeks ago. Next weekend my family will come in to see the big, end of the school-year choir bash. The remainder of May has something going on every single weekend. That leaves me with only this weekend to work hard to finish.

Part of me has struggled with this. Some dear friends of mine are moving into their new house this Saturday and sent out an APB for assistance. If only it were another weekend! They've been so helpful to me in the past, and I feel so guilty about turning them down. I was still debating myself last night when I went to bed.

But this is the only weekend I'll have available until mid-June. I just can't wait any longer. I've been in labor with this book far too long. The head is crowning, and all it's going to take is one final PUSH to get it out. It's this weekend or bust.

When I woke up this morning the story was already heavy in my head. That rather sealed my decision. I might get a headache if I can't write and get it out of inner-space. The idea of carrying around a headache for the next month doesn't sound pleasant. With that said, my decision is made. Sometimes just making a decision releases one from built up tension.

Now if you would please, Tonya (my critique group will understand). I promise you won't have to do it past this weekend.

Drum roll please!

No comments: