Thursday, May 15, 2008

Book Bonanza

Went to Wal-mart this evening for the usual stock-up items. I love that store! Of course, I ended up staying much longer than intended when I saw the table of discounted books. Bought three. Ah, my weakness indeed.

Books - I love books! I love what a good book does to my insides. A good book makes me think, engages my mind, heart, and soul. It makes me cry, my heart pound, or creates this fire of anger deep in my being. All sorts of emotions can come up when I've got a good book in my hands. When the feelings rise, that's when I know the book is good on at least some level.

My new house has a nook for my library. In all my years, I've bought and collected tons of books and then given away tons more (or lent them out, never to return). I would love to have an enormous room filled with books like Professor Henry Higgins in "My Fair Lady". Sometimes I watch that movie just to see his library.

Right now I'm scoping out a new series of books for my son too. Summertime is coming up far too quickly, and I've yet to find a new series of books to interest him for summer reading. Any suggestions (appropriate, of course) would be most welcomed. I thought about perhaps getting him some Louis Lamour or such, but he's not into westerns or anything like that. He enjoys good fantasy fare and sci-fi (he loved Lord of the Rings). I need to get busy.

He'd have a complete cow if I made him read history all summer. Hey, a boy has to enjoy some things in life!

No comments: