Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Reminiscing About Norma

Had something pretty interesting happen this week.

A young lady from Kentucky is playing my part.

As I wrote this time last year, I tried out and made the leading female role in my church's production of the play "I'll Be Home For Christmas", set near the eve of Pearl Harbor and the United States' official entrance into World War II.

Apparently they're doing it somewhere in Kentucky this year too.

She was looking for information about the play/musical after landing the part of Norma, where she proceeded to stumble across my blog.

Imagine that! The Chatter's Block came up under a search engine - wow, I feel important now (or pretty, but that's another musical).

So for a couple of days we've been commenting back and forth through the blog about the role, some of the music, and background from what I remembered. It was so nice revisiting those memories. Initially we were looking at doing it again this year, but other important things have come up this year at our church - namely the Michael W. Smith concert that our choir is participating in.

But that's fodder for another blog entry.

I certainly hope she touches base after their production to let me know how she felt about the character. She just found out she'd landed the role and hasn't even read the script - goodness gracious! I hope she's a fast learner.

Just glad to be getting some traffic going on the blog again - even if it is my own.