Saturday, August 22, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

The end of a busy, busy, busy week.

The new job is going really well in many ways, but I do admit that I am absolutely spent at the end of each day. However, I'm so pleased to see the reception that my team has given to me. They really seem to be excited to have me coming to the helm and leading the way. What more could I ask for?

See, I'm a big believer in leadership not management. Though I carry a management title, it is the inspiration, positive motivation and leading by example that I believe in - not titles. There's been many a hated manager in all walks of life, but leaders are generally loved and followed by those who believe in the message and example lived before them.

Now it's just a matter of filling my brain with as much information as it can possibly handle each day (and then some). Believe it or not, by Friday there was finally some solidification beginning to happen. I'll be so glad to really get my feet back underneath me and start moving forward with the plan for my team. My confidence has been on quite the roller coaster this week as I try to soak up as much of the most basic of tasks as well as the important ones.

If I expect my team to accomplish menial tasks, then I better the heck know how to do them too. It also helps if I'm the one training new people who will come in under my wing eventually.

Mom and Dad came up this weekend to hear all the interesting stories first hand. They've been wonderfully understanding of my need to just veg a little bit.

'Cause a new week will soon be breathing down my neck. Gotta make a little room in my brain to soak up another great week of busy, busy, busy.

No comments: