Monday, August 17, 2009

The New Kid

First day of the new job completed.

Boy, am I tired! The last few days I haven't slept good because of excitement and a little bit of nerves. It's always a little discombobulating being the new kid on the block.

The day was quite a blur, but I did manage to establish some good rapport with several fellow managers. I'll need to lean on them a bit during the learning phase as I get my feet underneath me.

I did get a chance to meet the employees who will be under my care and so far I'm pleased with the reception. Have a feeling that once we all have an opportunity to mesh that we will work well together and enjoy each other's company - at least that's my hope and prayer.

So during this new phase in my life, I have to admit that postings may be a little more sporadic than what's been typical of me. Once things get settled I'll hopefully be back to my crazy writing self.

In the meantime, I'll keep trying to let you all know how things are going in my small neck of the woods. Keep coming back now, ya hear?

No comments: