Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Trap Is Set

This week I've been sorely remiss in posting even though I've been home here and there. Well I think I have a pretty good excuse.

There's been some major job interview activity!

Monday morning I received a telephone call which resulted in a solid phone interview. There was an almost immediately rapport with the interviewer. She then asked if I would be available this week for an in-person interview. We set that up for Wednesday afternoon.

So I then popped an email to my hairdresser. It's been many months since I had the care of her services, so she squeezed me in at 7:30 Wednesday morning. What a sweetie!

So I went to my Wednesday afternoon interview feeling confident and perky with a spring in my step. We hit it off nicely, spending well over an hour and ahalf discussing my varied experience along with a tidbit of what the position entailed. Then she picked up the phone and called a gentleman to see about his availability for round two.

My second interview was yesterday morning. During the night, I woke up at 4:00 and couldn't go back to sleep. I prayed that I'd at least be halfway coherent for the interview and made sure to drink plenty of coffee (but not too much). Even though the interview started off a little slow, it progressed until I felt we were both on the same page. He gave me some positive signals and I left there feeling extremely enthusiastic, not only about my chances but about the job in general. Very exciting.

I know there'll be a process, but I sure hope sometime in the next week or so I receive an offer. The trap is set, merely waiting for the right moment.

And I thought this would be a ho-hum week with my son gone. Little did I realize...

No comments: