Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Cats and My Computer Desk

I just arrived home from day two of my return to the office. My son is on the phone with a friend, so my only company presently is the cats. We were blessed in the last few months with the purchase of a lovely large home with plenty of space to roam. So what do my cats do? They commandeer my computer table everytime I sit down to write or read email. I knew it was a mistake to put it so close to the window.

Cat lovers, do you ever notice that every time you sit down you end up with a lap full of fluff? And I have two (cats, that is, not laps)! Every time I sit down at the computer to work or enjoy some moments of leisure, my screen is blocked by at least one cat's behind, and I find myself leaning over so far to see the screen that I almost tip my chair. Then when I finally am able to see the screen, it is blanketed with car fur. Static electricity can be a real pain.

My computer desk is in the perfect spot for the cats to watch the wildlife. I'm not a big fan of fleas and other various insects, so I've chosen to keep my cats indoors at all times. But they still get excited when birds begin to nest in the trees right outside the window. Of course, since it is March and there are yet to be any leaves on the trees, the cats get a clear view of all the activity.

I bought my desk in January. Do you think they'd honor their return policy for damage related to cats experiencing spring fever?

3 comments:

Gary said...

Good start, Denise.

Gary

Gary said...

Hey Denise, Great blog!! I especially laughed at the prospect of one having two laps! Keep 'em coming! -Tonya

Denise said...

Thanks, Tonya. It came to me as I wrote that I had two that I'd better clarify that I meant cats. Thanks for reading!