Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring Break Sleepover - Misnomer?

Spring break is drawing to a close, and next week my son will be returning to school. To end the break, he's decided to have a big sleepover tonight with his friends. Yeah right.

I don't know about you, but when I was young I rarely "slept" at a "sleepover". We pretty much stayed up most of the night telling stories, eating junk food and chocolate chip cookie dough, and sometimes calling our boyfriends in the wee hours of the morning. I'll bet their parents really appreciated that.

My son and his buds can get pretty rambuncious, so I'm thankful we have a bigger house now for them to terrorize (my poor kitties!). They'll usually pummel each other, play video games, listen to music, and eat as much pizza and drink as much Mt. Dew as possible. Then the burping contests begin. My son usually wins with one that comes from his toes and lasts about ten minutes. How proud I must be.

Even though he didn't have male influence in his early years, my son is all boy. Before he started school it was evident the heavy female influence was not affecting his testosterone levels. Right now the "mandles" video on GodTube is the talk of our household, and he has to show it to everyone when they come over (1% wax, 99% testosterone). There's alot of debate about the nature/nurture studies, but my son proves to me that God created us male and female.

I'm so glad to be a woman!

2 comments:

Gary said...

That boy has talent.

Marcia said...

Thanks for the lovely comment posted!

It's actually something I saw last night while I was at work (I work in a hospital).

A husband had to have his foot amputated and as the wife was leaving for the night, the only emotion emanating from her was concern. There was no disgust or anger, just pure love that seemed to transcend the missing body part.

Cheers.