Monday, July 27, 2009

Going Mental

Taking Saturday for a mental health day must have been a good thing. A really good thing.

I have a job interview.

Yes, even though the pickings are slim I've received another call for an interview. This is with a firm here in my hometown that is growth minded and yet still a small enough institution in which to have some influence and just plain fun.

After all, I love to be a part of making things happen.

Which is part of the issue in dealing with the big boys. Don't get me wrong - each player has it's piece in the puzzle. But for me, I prefer to be able to immerse myself up to my waist and slog it out with the best of the forward thinkers.

Which is probably why I love watching Deadliest Catch. I'd go out on a crab boat anyday if ever given the chance. Probably puke my guts up and be scared half out of my mind, but hey - what an adventure in which to do it. If you're going to die, why not go out in such a setting?

But getting back to the daily dose - I'm just really excited about the possibilities of being a part of such an institution. Whether I personally make a mark or assist in someone else being able to make theirs, slogging it out with the best is what makes it all worthwhile. All I want is a chance to prove myself.

And I still want to go crab fishing in the Bering Sea someday. Yeah, I know - then I'll really be mental.

No comments: