Friday, July 24, 2009

High School Memories

Not sure what the deal is this week, but I've seen a flurry of old friends from high school cross my Facebook page. It's been wonderful to catch up with a few of those old friends and reminisce about life back then and where life has taken us all since.

Some experiences were hard. Some great, and some not so great. But each thread of experience has woven us all into the person we've become today. We're probably all better for it in many ways, though life would have been easier if we'd made some better choices earlier on.

The good thing about catching up is being reminded of all the tidbits of fun and orneriness (but in a good way) we used to get into. There's so much I'd forgotten. My later high school years had some very difficult and unpleasant experiences associated with them. Therefore, I waited only to get away as soon as I could and throw the terrible memories into the dung-heap.

Only problem is that when we throw aside the bad memories, the good ones go right along with them.

So now that I'm being reminded of all the fun and absolutely hilarious memories of the past, it gives me so many warm feelings on which to hang my hat.

I think I'll let those stay awhile.

No comments: