Saturday, July 18, 2009

Everything In Its Place

Busy day, but it was so much fun!

Our friends came into town last night and we all got together today. Everyone ended up staying later than expected, but it seemed to be because we were having such a great time. The boys went straight to the man cave, went swimming, came back and filled their plates and went straight back to the man cave.

After all, it's what the man cave is for I guess.

I talked to one of my friends who spearheaded this thing once everyone left. She and I both agreed how much we all enjoy getting together. This is a group of people that we can just let our hair down with and be loud and obnoxious and laugh uproariously and still be friends at the end of the day.

No airs. No faces or hats. Just being who we really are and knowing we have a great time together.

That's what real friendship is all about.

It's why it hurts so bad that the one family moved away. Hey, but their coming into town is what gives us all a good reason to get together again.

We need to come up with more excuses to do that more often. Give me a little time and I'm sure I'll think of something. I've got this big house now and it's great for entertaining.

Even if it takes much longer to get in order for guests. Hey, they're all worth it!

No comments: