Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Floating on Cloud Nine

The good news just keeps coming! I'm floating on cloud nine right now.

My son just received wonderful news tonight. Unbeknownst to him, his choir instructor at school nominated him for the Ambassadors of Music. In the mail this evening he had a letter awaiting him with the notification and invitation to be a part of the 2009 European tour with this special, invitation only group of 300 fellow choir members. I almost fell out of the car. Needless to say, he's surprised and completely looking forward to this.

It will be a sixteen-day jaunt across seven European countries - England, France, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Austria, Germany, and Italy. They'll sing in cathedrals hundreds of years old, see sights that some people only dream of their entire lives. This is an enormous honor. There's no way I could let him miss this incredible opportunity.

I'm just glad I have a year to pay for it.

No comments: