Thursday, May 14, 2009

Growing Legs

Got in another great day of writing.

Don't know how great the writing is yet, but it sure felt great getting thoughts into my computer. This is the most I've written in such a long time. I've already surpassed 6,000 words.

Yes, I can tell you're impressed. :-)

It's interesting that this started out as a short story idea and has taken off on wings of its own...or grown legs and run off without me...something like that.

The whole story concept has been really easy to write and is coming to me in droves, flowing onto the pages sometimes in ways that surprise me. That's the kind of writing I really enjoy, not the hours and days that drag by and you feel like you're trying to give birth and the baby got stuck a long time ago. That kind of writing is never fun, but it's still important to labor through it.

Because there's always a reward at the end.

Tonight we had critique group so I had to turn off the writing spigot and get ready to leave the house.

I gotta look halfway presentable. Don't want to scare my friends.

So we had a good time hanging, cussing and discussing writing and the one submission to critique. All the while I struggled to keep my head out of my story. I'm just kinda thankful in a weird way that I have this time to work on it.

That new job will eventually pop up on the radar and it will be back to work. In the meantime, I'll try and take advantage of as much time as possible to write.

While I have the opportunity.

No comments: