Friday, May 8, 2009

Take a Bow

The big end of the year concert is officially behind us.

My son did such a great job - I'm very proud of him. He sang "Music of the Night" from Phantom of the Opera as his solo selection. Hit all the proper dynamics in all the right places. About blew out his lungs hitting that big note toward the end and then hit the note ever so softly at the very end.

There are so many ways in which I am proud of him. I'm proud of him for even trying out. I'm proud of him for all the practice put into it. I'm proud of him for having the courage to get up there and do it. And I'm proud of him for not only getting up there to do it but doing a splendid job in the process.

The clapping and comments as he bowed and left the stage were so great to hear. Funny - he mentioned afterward that he didn't even hear the applause when he walked off the stage, as he was already in his happy place post-performance. I knew exactly what he was talking about.

During his song, I could tell the moment he actually relaxed and just soared with the music. Made me smile.

I probably looked like a complete goofball with that cheesy grin.

Doesn't matter in the least. I'm so proud at the moment that I'm about to bust all my buttons.

And that's as it should be.

1 comment:

Jan Mader said...

I'm a children's author and have had a writing blog for a few months
http://ignitetowrite.blogspot.com/

I'm also an animal lover. I just started a new blog..ANIMAL TALK
http://animaltalk4u.blogspot.com/

I'd love for you to come visit either or both sites!