Thursday, May 7, 2009

They're Up To No Good

Not sure what the deal has been this week, but my cats have been up to no good.

Maybe it's the weather. Maybe it's the time of year. Whatever the case, they've gotten just plain demented the last few weeks.

Take Paws, for instance. He's mostly my timid, sweet little thing that just melts your heart when he looks at you and meows. Lately he's taken to terrorizing the hallway. He streaks up and down the hallway day and night. He'll run to the windows in the family room then tear up the hallway into the living room just caterwauling up a storm.

Then there's Toby. Just when Paws starts to calm down and roll over to rest, Toby will pick up the pace and play attack dog. It gets really interesting when Toby starts chasing Paws around the sectional. Yesterday morning while my son and I were eating breakfast, Paws started around one side of the sectional then Toby backtracked and cut Paws off at the pass before they tore up the hallway.

Again.

Then Toby AND Paws sit at the windows with ears twitching and ungodly meows emminating from their mouths at the birds outside the windows. I only hope the screens won't accidentally pop out of the frame. Those feathered friends are probably thanking God everyday that my cats are strictly indoor felines.

Except for that now famous night's accidental excursion.

So now Paws is laying on my desk, staring at me as I type and waiting for a few strokes. Have no idea where Toby is off to at the moment.

But I'm sure I'll soon find out - one way or another.

No comments: