Monday, May 11, 2009

Unleashing the Dogs

Today is an exciting day! I've started writing again.

With everything going on of late, I've been a little focused on other things at the moment and haven't done any writing for months. Creativity flows with difficulty when one's mind is filled with concern.

For weeks now the writing bug has been hacking at my brain with a toothpick, greatly desirous of worming his way into the hippocampus to unlock my subconscious and release this building energy. After a splendid morning at church singing my lungs out, a lovely lunch provided by my thoughtful son, and then a well deserved nap, I awoke yesterday afternoon with renewed energy and vigor.

And also a really bizarre storyline begging to be unleashed like a pack of sled-dogs during the Iditarod.

So armed with several heart-pounding movie soundtracks, I've worked away on several pages to come up with the beginnings of a short story. The whole thing is still in its infancy, but I'm hoping that if I work diligently this week I'll coax it from the cocoon.

Who knows? Maybe this idea could eventually become the fodder for me to start novel number ten.

My critique group will shoot me.

No comments: