Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Busy Memorial Weekend

Wow! Busy weekend - we're glad to be home.

Friday evening we had a high school graduation for my nephew (why OK has it Memorial weekend I'll never know). We didn't get to bed until well after midnight. Then we had to get up early Saturday to finish preparations for the big family reunion. Mom and I were tired!

We hit the ground running Saturday morning as we plopped a few pies into the oven, started some casseroles, etc., etc. At our family reunions, food is never in short supply. When family began to arrive later on, there were chickens, slow cookers, potato salads, deviled eggs (yum!), baked beans - you name it - that piled my mother's kitchen countertops until there was no room left. We even set up a completely separate table just for desserts. I think I gained ten pounds just looking at all the food. Once again, a too late of a night.

Sunday afternoon, my sister invited us all over for a cookout and swim. Ah, I could actually relax for once! Originally we were planning to come home Sunday evening, but my son was having such a good time with his cousins that we ended up staying over until early Monday afternoon.

The weather forecasts for the entire weekend called for rain, but it never rained on our parade. The only storm was late Sunday night/early Monday morning. Then on our drive home, it hit us right as we were pulling into town. Couldn't have asked for a better weekend all around, but I was so glad to see home. Finally, an opportunity to get some needed zzzzzz's.

No comments: