Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I'm a World-Class Sucker!

Why am I such a sucker for my cats? Oh, let me count the ways.

Paws just has to look at me and meow. His eyes disappear when he opens his mouth, and his meow is more like a mournful wail. I'll give him anything he wants when that happens. I hadn't even begun to think of opening a can of tuna, but I'll do it for him just because he meowed. He's the reason I started letting my cats drink the running water in my bathtub in the mornings. My vet would probably shoot me.

Then, of course, Paws is so fluffy and vulnerable. He's skittish, so I always want to love on him and comfort him as much as possible. If I point my finger in his face and tell him that he's spoiled, he'll just rub his face up and down along my finger to make me pet him. How it pulls at my heart strings! In that moment, I don't really mind that he's spoiled. Perhaps it's the other way around.

Or maybe it is because he wants to be near me as much as possible. I don't mind half the time when he climbs on my desk and walks in front of my computer. It's just his way of saying he wants me to love him, and feed him, and pet him, and just look at him. Then he'll meow.

I melt.

2 comments:

Pamela J Pierce, RDN, LD said...

Denise it's the soft fur. It gets me everytime. Who all was at mama & daddy's?

Denise said...

Surprisingly it was a smaller crowd than normal. Several didn't come because of the fact that Memorial Day was early this year and they still had classes this week. What a bummer! We're thinking about maybe trying to do something out at Osage Hills (they have that huge facility to rent), but we'll need to get more information before we invest in that. It would be a heck of alot more comfortable with all that space!