Thursday, May 8, 2008

Going Out With A Bang

Tonight is my son's huge end-of-the-year choir performance.

He just informed me this morning that he has to have a blue shirt and an orange shirt for the performance. They'll have their official shirt also - that's three shirts for one performance. I'm just happy he already has said colors of shirts. My thoughts and prayers go out to other parents who are currently tearing through stores looking for an orange shirt. It can't be a pretty sight - trust me, I've been there. My son is the king of last minute surprises. Can't tell you how many times we've been on the way to school only to have him pipe up:

"Oh, Mom - I need posterboard for a project today."

"Oh, Mom - I need five bucks today for the school play."

"Oh, Mom - do you happen to have a dozen cookies lying around unattended at this very moment?"

But I digress.

The dancing portion hasn't thrilled him. This will be their only performance where everyone will participate in the dancing sequences, which is probably why they aren't wearing their tuxes. After rehearsals this week, he's complained about his poor knees. I can see why. One currently sports a nasty bruise. I remember the days of grinning and bearing it myself. I told him it didn't look like it'd have to be amputated anytime soon. He'll survive.

His grandparents are making a special trip to town today. I'm thrilled that they're putting themselves out on a Thursday to make him feel special.

I've no doubt this performance will live up to our expectations.

2 comments:

Gary said...

Tell Tyler we said, "Break a leg...or at least bruise one!"
-Gary and Tonya

Denise said...

Hey thanks! It was great last night. In one of the songs, the guys laid down on the stage and started doing push-ups, and the girls had to act impressed. It was so cute! He really seemed to enjoy himself on this one. The theme was about color, so their orange shirts were when they sang "Great Balls of Fire." Of course, he enjoyed the fact that he got to put his arms around a girl - ooooooo!