Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Feeling Strange

Ever since completion of my book early Monday morning I've been feeling rather strange.

Restless. Irritable. Very odd for me. Maybe it's just the lack of sleep talking.

Figured I'd have more of a sense of elation and euphoria. I asked some of my critique group friends last night how they felt after previously completing their work. None felt the way I was feeling. Several commented how I looked royally ticked off. I think I scared them (hee, hee, hee). Oh the power! :-)

Maybe it just has to do with my expectations. Generally speaking, I always seem to have higher expectations for accomplishing or feeling than what actually transpires. Perhaps that's also my perfectionistic attitude coming through. I reach for the stars and only get to the mountaintop - then I'm left feeling deflated.

Oh well. I'd rather continue to reach for the stars and have to deal with my attitude. Who knows - I just might reach those pesky stars someday.

2 comments:

Brian Johnson said...

I figured it was the Cocaine talking.

B

PS Can I have my artificial leg back, I go to lean and fall over.

Denise said...

Brian, you are just so bad! Thanks for the help last night and the good suggestions.