Saturday, August 23, 2008

Change - Spooooky

I'm not sure what direction I'm going to go in.

Previously I posted about my new job just not working out and considering putting out my resume for other employment. It's a little odd for me because when I find a job I usually stay for about ten years or so. I'm not what you'd consider a job hopper. Only thing is now, I love the people I've worked with for so long and hate the idea of leaving them, but it is so obvious this is just not a good fit.

Therefore I've been considering some other possibilities. With all the savings I've spent on buying the new house and purchasing new furniture, I'm not in a position at the moment to start my own business, something I've wanted to try for several years. Since my son doesn't have many years left at home, I decided to pursue the house so he'd have opportunity to enjoy all the new space. But I'd still like an opportunity to stretch outside what I know and do something more in line with my giftedness.

It sure is hard making changes when you have sole responsibility for your family. That weight hangs over me like lead right now. My son's European trip is coming up next summer and isn't cheap. Then there's senior year. Then there's college. Then this. Then that. It never really ends.

Which means that if I want to make a change then I'd better do it now. I've actually had some very interesting ideas that I'm not quite sure how to act on, but would like to at least pursue the possibilities. Some thoughts have come from way out in left field. I'm not dismissing any of them.

Who knows - one of the left field ideas could be the one that leads to my dreams.

No comments: