Saturday, August 16, 2008

My Girl and Me


My mom sent me more pictures from this past summer. Here's one of my little great-niece and me in my sister's pool over Memorial Day weekend.

That weekend we had my grandma, my mom, my sister, my sister's daughter, and then my sister's granddaughter. Five generations were under one roof at the same time. Pretty amazing to think about.

Little Madison's initial reaction to the water reminded me a bit of when my son was little. When she first got in the water it was probably a little overwhelming (and cold!). She screamed and cried and clung to me, just like my son did at that age. Then I gradually let her get used to the water by splashing around a little bit, letting her splash at the water with her feet, and then finally just inching my way down into the water with her.

By that time, she was having so much fun splashing that she didn't realize she was all the way in the cold, big swimming pool. It was a completely adorable moment, and I was so glad to get to share that with her.

Haven't seen the cutie since Memorial Day weekend. I'm expecting to see my niece and great-niece over Labor Day weekend. She will probably have grown so much by then.

Little children do that, you know.

No comments: