Thursday, August 14, 2008

First Day of School

I've always taken my son's first day of school off. Tomorrow will be no exception.

It started when he was little. The babysitter always had more of his talkativeness during the day while I was at work, which I absolutely hated. Therefore I decided that when he started school I would at least have one day in which I could be the first responder.

And I loved it so much I decided to continue.

Now it is more of a habit and an opportunity for me to get things done throughout the day that I don't usually have time to do. Work is always busy and getting away for lunch errands almost impossible. That's an added benefit to having a weekday off.

But even though he'll be sixteen soon, I think he still appreciates the fact that I'm home to welcome him after a long first day. Even if they don't do much of anything, it seems to be a stressful time.

So I get to be the happy face at the door to greet him with a plate of cookies.

Uh-oh. I better run an errand tomorrow to buy some.

No comments: