Friday, August 1, 2008

A Good Friday

This was another wonderful Friday evening.

I introduced my son to "Top Gun" for our movie night tonight. It was the first VHS tape I ever bought - bought it at Wal-mart - paid $19.99 plus tax. The crazy thing still works great, better than some of my newer DVD's in fact.

It's still a great story - LOVE the flying sequences. Just gets my motor going, especially considering that I was at Miramar just a couple of months ago. I love my boys in blue!

After the movie, I got a call from a dear friend of mine. She was my ornery buddy (I'm such a bad influence) in choir until she moved a little more than a month ago. Now she's three hours away. Sure missed her Wednesday night. She called to chat and then told me she's coming down to stay with her parents for the weekend. It'll be good to see her again.

Then while talking to her, my best friend Lori stopped by. She'd been out catching the tail end of the Dillard's extra 40% off special. Yesterday I picked up some new slacks and a couple of great jackets for my trip to Chicago next month (paid $6 for one of the jackets and the other was just over $10). Today I ran over to JC Penney's to see if I could find a red pair of flats to go with one of the outfits. Found some. Only pair in that style. Happened to be the right color of red. Happened to be exactly my size.

Oh, did I mention they were on the clearance rack and were an additional 50% off? Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

They ended up costing me $5.98. Sale - it's my favorite four-letter word. Well, next to FREE.

Anyway, Lori picked up a pair of shoes that just didn't happen to be on sale. She wears my size. Maybe after her special occasion tomorrow she'll let me borrow them.

Wait - I don't have any special occasions where I could wear them.

Oh well, I can dream can't I? It's still been a good Friday after all.

No comments: