Friday, June 5, 2009

The Countdown Begins




In exactly one week my son will be on his flight to Europe.

I'm feeling a teeny bit anxious.

This week we got his pounds, euros, and Swiss francs (they're so pretty!) and ordered his Visa cash card. Wish I'd have known about the cash card a little sooner. We're rather cutting it close to get the card before he leaves.

Also received his flight itinerary. They'll leave out in the morning and have to be at the airport three hours before departure. Needless to say, I've made hotel reservations for Thursday night in Kansas City.

So many unexpected expenses have arisen in regard to this trip, but it still doesn't matter. To have the honor of such an experience is something that I may have been willing to go into hock for, truth be told. I'm just glad he gets to go and that I have the ability to send him.

Sometimes there are opportunities in life that are just too important to let slide by.

2 comments:

Pamela J Pierce, RDN, LD said...

Are you staying at the Raphael?

Denise said...

Not this time - just a convenient overnight at the Sleep Inn.