Monday, June 1, 2009

We Have Returned!

Holy cow, it feels like we were gone forever.

Well, at least longer than ten days.

Last night we returned from our family gatherings and events of the past week and ahalf, exhausted but happy. My nephew's high school graduation went smoothly and he had a good showing at his after party. As usual, my sister cooked up a storm and made a wonderful cake.

I'm hoping she'll agree to make my son's in a couple of years.

Wow! Just had the realization again - my son is next in line to graduate. Hmm, sounds like next in line to the throne or something, but there it is. It's so hard to believe that he's so close to heading off into the sunrise.

After returning to my parent's post-graduation, we ended up alot busier than I'd planned. My middle sister and her husband are moving this summer for my brother-in-law's job and so my sister and I drove an hour and ahalf on Wednesday to spend the day looking around at houses and getting the lay of the land. They'll actually be closer to me upon moving, so I expect to see alot more of them once they get settled. Ended up staying the ENTIRE day, but we got alot accomplished.

Thursday and Friday were a flourish of cleaning at Mom and Dad's, while my son helped my dad paint their fence. Looked really nice once they were done for the day. Later on Friday my sister and I once again hopped in the car and drove three hours into Arkansas to pick up my niece and great-niece. We always have so much fun in the car because we'll usually sing at the top of our lungs and act silly, though we're somewhat hoarse by the time we return.

Saturday morning I got to wake up to my oldest niece, who drove in from Colorado to attend the family reunion. I hadn't seen her since her college graduation and move to Colorado, so it was such a precious time to spend with her during the family reunion catching up on her life. Saturday night the two of us stayed up until somewhere around two in the morning just talking.

Four hours of sleep does not a night make!

Sunday after lunch I got to take a motorbike ride with my cousin out into the Oklahoma countryside. Then it was time for my son and I to return home.

Our kitties were so happy to see us - and we them. Now it's back to the grindstone!

No comments: