Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Duty Bound

Deadliest Catch was on again tonight. My son is out of town for the next two weeks. Guess what he has me doing?

Taping the episodes he will miss. At least it is only two.

It's been so long since I've taped any shows that I didn't know if I had any blank tapes. Thank goodness I found something that wasn't necessary anymore. Don't know how good the quality is going to be, but it probably won't matter much to my son.

He's just glad Captain Phil is back at the helm of the Cornelia Marie after last year's accident.

Speaking of accidents, did you see last week's episode of that huge wave that crashed over the bow of the Wizard? After it had passed there wasn't a crew member in sight. Captain Keith was frantic trying to get someone on the horn to see if he had anyone left - particularly he was concerned about his brother, Monte.

Thankfully all hands were still on deck, but two were severely banged up while brother Monte suffered some major cracked ribs. Not a single crab on the boat and the Wizard had to run thirty-two hours back to Dutch Harbor. But thank God they still had all their crew - banged up for sure but still alive and kicking.

This week Captain Keith and the remainder of the crew brought back Lenny from retirement and headed back out to sea. But you could tell the dear old captain was really struggling with his game and confidence. That was one freaking massive wave! It is truly a miracle that no one was swept overboard.

Then tonight was the premiere of After the Catch, the show that gathers all the captains around the bar table after the season has ended to cuss and discuss the season just passed. Just for good measure I taped it too. Sometimes I find it better than the actual show.

Nah!

But it is alot of fun to see them in a more relaxed state and laughing about their antics and talking about what makes the final cut onto the show.

One more taping to go next week. Sure hope my son appreciates all I go through for him. :-)

No comments: