Saturday, October 4, 2008

Christmas Crazy!

This past week I've made an enormous dent in my Christmas shopping.

Yes, I'm one of THOSE people.

Typically I start my Christmas shopping at the inventory clearance sales in January. Got started a little late this year. Bought my first Christmas gift at the Hotel del Coronado in June when the team and I were out in San Diego for meetings. It was for my mom - she's going to LOVE IT!

Anyway, I picked up a piece of my dad's gift about a month after that. Hadn't done a thing since then. Life has been so crazy with the new job, keeping my son afloat, getting him started in school, his sixteenth birthday, school activities, and now my crazy idea to audition for the Christmas play at church. It just can't get any busier than this right now.

Did I mention that I'm still taking my son out driving - oh, and he's getting a job soon. Oy!

Last weekend when my mom and dad were here for my son's birthday, I commandeered my mother and we went Christmas shopping and looking around for ideas. My strong-arm tactics started to make headway with my sisters and I got some good ideas to work with. So from then through today, I've made a substantial dent in my Christmas shopping.

Can you say bargains??? Sure you can. Man, I just found some of the best deals today at Bed, Bath & Beyond! They have all sorts of stuff marked down to practically nothing. Picked up a Cuisinart rice/food steamer that was normally $80. Got it for next to nothing only because the box had a tear in one silly corner. That's all that was "wrong" with the crazy thing and they clearanced it for pennies on the dollar. Got a foot massager for my sister for a few bucks. Talk about bargain shopping! Can't even begin to run through all the incredible deals I came across. My pocketbook may be a little lighter, but it is still happy.

I only have four more gifts to purchase for extended family and then I'm done along that avenue. Of course my son found some things at BB&B that he wanted too. Need to go back later when he's not in tow and pick those up. Still far from being finished in the venue for my son but at least I've got the process started.

My favorite four-letter words have always been "sale" and "free". Can we classify "clearance" as a four-letter word? Who cares - it's my mantra so far for this year.

Happy Christmas shopping, everyone!

No comments: