Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Sad Goodbye

Well - I said goodbye to my critique group tonight.

It's only for a little while and then I'll be back tearing up the pages again. I can hear the sarcastic, "oh goodies" already.

Really hated parting from the group, and even though I think I'm Wonder Woman some days, I just can't do it all. This play is a real opportunity to reconnect to something I thought I'd probably never do again. It's feeling so great too!

Being away from home four nights in a row is just too much for me. The house is looking pretty garish right now too, but once again it will pass. At least I have Monday off of work for Columbus Day! Maybe I'll find some time to work on my lines - ya think?

Writing is also a deep part of my soul, but the well has been very dry in that regard. When singing disappeared for me, writing filled that empty place. I am the type of person that desperately needs a creative outlet.

My son even noticed something and voiced it last night. He observed that even though I'm kinda tired and sit around the house a little bit more when I'm home, he thought that I really seemed happy to be doing the play.

He's right, you know.

So to my writing buddies - I'll miss you alot over the next two months. Please continue to keep me included in your submissions so I can keep up on the stories you're writing for when I come back. If I find a Thursday when I'm a bundle of energy and just can't contain myself, I'll sneak into Borders and surprise you!

Otherwise I expect to see you one of the play production nights at my church.

Oh, and Brian - at least I have the decency to show up at my temporary break up fest. Was it that hard on you?

He'll understand. :-) Take care, y'all!

3 comments:

Brian Johnson said...

I hate goodbyes, even temporary ones. Plus this damned cold. So as a good-bye gift, I'm mailing you a box of used Kleenex art that I created with my infected sinuses. Each looks like a bright radioactive yellow Rorschach image. Guess what each one is, there will be a prize if you guess it.

Enjoy and we will miss you. Okay, they will miss you, I'm going to get some serious work done without you arguing with me. Weee.

B

Denise said...

Okay - all I can say is EEEEEWWWWW! Performances are December 5th and 6th at 7:00 so I expect to see you in person for your apology one of those two nights.

Brian Johnson said...

um . . . it's at a church, right?

You know what happened the last time I stepped into one of those things.

And the 7th is my birthday, which means the 5,6, and 7th I will be notably intoxicated.