Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Happy As Clams

It sure is nice to know your kids are happy.

Just walked in the door this evening from play rehearsal. My son was in his bathroom getting ready for bed, singing at the top of his lungs. I love it when he does that. No matter how I may be feeling at any given moment, hearing him belt out a song for all he's worth just warms my heart. It's always been a good indication that all is well in his world.

The beard is coming back in darker and heavier this time. Still isn't happening fast enough for him, but I see a big difference when I stop long enough to notice.

His grades are looking fine! School this year has not been a constant battle and he's much more relaxed with himself (as am I).

Friendships are going very good. I hear new names practically every week. Used to when he'd mention someone new that he'd talked to (or more likely that had come up to him to talk) I'd ask their name and he never could remember. Now it seems the names are spilling from the woodwork, if I may use a cliche.

He'd also like to eventually have a girlfriend, but I'm okay with where he's at presently. No need for someone to play with his head until it's fully on straight. Been praying about that whole thing practically since he was born!

Then the job situation - nothing yet but he's hopeful and actually looking forward to the possibility. A little nervous still, but that's to be expected. I think the excitement is beginning to outweigh the fear factor.

All-in-all he's as happy as a clam right now. Guess that makes me right there with him.

1 comment:

Pamela J Pierce, RDN, LD said...

Glad Tyler is having a good year.