Thursday, October 2, 2008

Maid Service Please!

Wow - first night home this week without something to do of an evening.

I'm loving it!

The week has been a little bit hard. Woke up yesterday morning, went into the kitchen to cook breakfast and about had a heart attack. The dishes were piled in the sink and spilling over the countertops. I'd washed a load of dishes Sunday afternoon and started to put them away Sunday night, but somewhere along the way I hadn't completed it.

Hence the dishes all over my counters.

While breakfast cooked yesterday morning, I quickly finished emptying the dishwasher and then proceeded to load her up once again. Started a fresh load before leaving for work. Emptied it out this morning. At least my countertops are clear again.

I'm finding that having my Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evenings all filled up with practices is leading to a bit of heartburn at home. I've become so used to having time in the evenings for chores here and there and working out on my treadmill. But for the next seven weeks I'm just going to have to learn a new routine and be sure to keep up on the weekends. It isn't going to hurt to leave a few things hanging during the beginning of the week since I'll have Thursdays to play a little catch up.

Then of course, there's always the live in maid - namely my son. :-) He does such a good job with his chores and never gripes when I give him something to do. I don't think I'll take advantage of him though. It's just something I'll have to deal with when I can.

This too shall pass.

No comments: