Saturday, October 11, 2008

R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A.

Tonight was my son's first choir performance of his sophomore year.

If I may use an 80's lingo - it was AWESOME!

One of the numbers his class did just about brought down the house. They sang "Do You Love Me" and at the beginning my son had a speaking solo part. He rocked it out. It was completely obvious that he had fun with that one.

Alot of the music they did was from the 80's era - I loved every minute of it! So up my alley, as well as alot of other parents too, I'm sure. They did "Freeze Frame" a song I'd completely forgotten about. They jazzed it up with these glow in the dark gloves and these big glow-in-the-dark rubber bands that they had attached to their hands and feet and they framed themselves in it. Totally cool (totally!).

Sorry, I just had a Valley Girl moment there.

The newer parents were just in awe of the performance. I told some of them to wait until the end of the year review. That will completely knock their socks off.

Mr. Engels, once again you have completely outdone yourself.

I can hardly wait to see what's next!

No comments: