Saturday, April 4, 2009

Blue Collar Boys

For Christmas this last year, my son got a three-pack DVD set of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour.

I just love those guys!

Yes, they're irreverent. Yes, they're crude. Yet at the same time, they are so much fun and your abs get a great workout for almost two hours.

Suzanne Summers can't do that for you, that's for certain.

So since we've had such a busy week and find ourselves in need of some good belly laughs, we decided to watch the second one from the set.

The story about Bill's wife taking him whale watching is a complete laugh fest. In return, Bill takes his wife deer hunting. It's so much fun hearing about the innate differences between the male and female species. Guys are simple and the ladies like the details. Ladies like sweet smelling fragrances while guys like disgusting scents.

I know this for a fact from raising a guy. Learned alot these last sixteen years. Gross smells and vulgar noises are part and parcel, deeply ingrained in the male psyche. For years I thought there was something wrong until my son started bringing friends home.

Nope - completely normal.

That's just one of the many reasons I laugh my head off at these types of segments. Jeff does a shtick about he and his wife as well and what it's like living in a household dominated by estrogen. See he's got a wife and several daughters. He's the only source of testosterone in the entire house.

Makes me feel sorry for my poor dad when we were living at home. One man in a household of four women. The estrogen to testoterone ratio was always completely out of whack. To top it all off we had only one bathroom.

You do the math.

Then, of course, my son loves Larry the Cable Guy. "Git-R-Done!" Sounds like something made by Toys-R-Us.

Ron, aka "Tater Salad", is the most crude of the bunch, but I still love it when he talks about getting together for Thanksgiving with his mother and father, including his over-achieving doctor brother and lawyer sister trying to one-up each other. Ron beats them both - I love it.

Perhaps we'll find some time tomorrow afternoon or evening to catch another one in the set. After all, it is a three-parter.

The week's just getting started.

No comments: