Monday, April 20, 2009

The Saga Continues

The saga of a friendship gone bad continues.

Last night I decided to get some input from friends and family who know most of the story of how my former friend betrayed me. Their insight into how I might handle this new contact after ten years is very valuable to me.

Most of them were about as shocked as I when I told them she'd contacted me through Facebook. All of them were angry with the audacity that she showed. Some thought I should plow into her after all this time, while others thought it best that I just ignore the note and let sleeping dogs lie.

Literally.

For myself, I was surprised at how little I felt. Maybe I'm still in a slight bit of shock, but my initial reaction still remains. I have no interest in any attempt to dredge up an unsalvageable wreck from the depths.

However, I believe wholeheartedly that it is no coincidence that she contacted me at this exact time and moment after ten years. I believe it goes part and parcel with where God has me at the moment and the underworkings behind the scenes to redirect the path I'm walking in regard to so many things in my life - my job only one small piece of the puzzle.

Therefore, I have taken it upon myself to schedule a time this week to speak to my senior pastor at church. His insight has served me well in the past and my hope is that he can provide me with some options that perhaps I'm unable to see at this point in time - all from a Biblical perspective.

I know my own perspective may be clouded with emotion and judgment toward what she's done in the past and lack of what she's done since then. I want to be totally open and aware of where God may be leading so that I can clearly see the fork in the road, if one truly does exist.

I have no idea or expectation of where this may lead.

Stay tuned. Who knows what might happen next!

No comments: