Thursday, April 16, 2009

Hurdling Hurdles

Not quite sure what to make of things today yet.

This afternoon I visited a cosmetology school. I was very impressed as it is a brand new school location with all new equipment in a bright and cheery setting. For the last several days I've completed some research online and via phone with the area cosmetology schools and selected one that I thought would fit my schedule for nights. When I get a daytime job it will be a rough schedule and will be rough for eighteen months.

The length of time it would take only attending part-time is not a pleasant prospect. Plus I would have to drop choir for a whole year and ahalf. I wouldn't be finished with my schooling until my son is halfway through his senior year. Ouch!

HOWEVER - I discovered today that I could potentially still continue my unemployment while attending vocational training schools or certain types of classes. Of course it doesn't specify exactly what type of classes and vocational training, and after holding on the phone line for ages I decided to wait until tomorrow morning to clarify.

But if I can still collect unemployment while attending school in the daytime instead of evenings, classes would only run for ten months instead of the aforementioned eighteen. Now there's only one more hurdle to jump if this one truly pans out.

Financial aid to cover my classes.

I'll worry about that hurdle when I come to it.

No comments: