Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Bow Brigade

I did something absolutely crazy today. I bought another Christmas present.

No, I don't usually go shopping for presents this late in the game, but events conspired against me to where I was forced to act.

I ran out of bows.

I just had to buy more to finish my wrapping. Guess I didn't plan so well this year.

Anyway, since I was in Wal-mart (planned it too to take a late, late, late lunch about 2:00 so the crowds weren't so big) to buy the bows, figured I'd pick up a little Christmas candy and stocking stuffers. Then got the big idea to go to electronics.

As part of my son's going away present this coming summer when he leaves for Europe (boy, that was a mouthful), I'd planned to buy him a reasonably priced digital camera for the trip. While in Wal-mart today, I decided why not look at any bargains available this time of the year.

Found one - nothing fancy, but it was a special that came with the camera (duh!), a case, and a memory card. Plus it can take short videos of about 20 to 30 minutes at a time. Pictures AND video all in one tiny camera - what more could a Europe-bound body ask for?

Needless to say, he's going to get it for Christmas this year. That way he'll have some time to get adjusted to how it operates so he'll have smooth sailing come summertime. Figure too that by then he'll have enough money to buy himself another memory card.

Hey, I want to see Europe too - even if it is only from behind the lens.

3 comments:

Gary said...

Come on. What kind of camera? How much? Megapixels? Zoom? Details please.

Pamela J Pierce, RDN, LD said...

Ok, I'm asking the same question. What kind of camera? Terry bought a nikon coolpix Saturday so that I could carry it in my coat pocket on the slops while skiing. It is really nice. It is red! I need more info on this camera :o)

Denise said...

Okay, for you both here's the link. It was cheaper at the store.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10296012