Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Cozy Evening

Sure is nice having an evening to ourselves.

Hadn't realized how long it's been since I'd made a real home-cooked meal (Thanksgiving aside). My son had sandwiches all last week since I was out at rehearsals. The week before that we ate out a few evenings before the Thanksgiving extravaganza.

So tonight I put together homemade chicken, mashed potatoes, the works! What a great meal to cozy the tummy on a cold winter's night.

We're currently sitting around watching a Hallmark Channel movie. That's one thing I do alot of during the Christmas season is watch the Hallmark Channel Christmas shows. They're always so wonderful! Yes, I know each one practically by heart (except the new ones, of course) but I can't wait to watch them every year. I even own a couple on DVD and still we watch those same shows when they are on the telly.

Guess I'm an old sap that way.

The first big snowstorm of the season hit early this morning. Not sure what the accumulations ended up being but the drifts from the wind are great. Got the lights and decorations out so we could finally start decorating our Christmas tree this week. I'm looking forward to getting the season in full swing.

Then it's onto the presents!

No comments: