Tuesday, December 30, 2008

You Go Girl

I just had the most wonderful phone conversation!

For the last several days I've been emailing with a high school friend who was like a family member when we were all growing up. She's actually the same age as my oldest sister, but there was a whole group of them that hung out at our place. Thence the ability to develop my own friendship with her over the years.

After high school we ran into each other here and there from time to time. But then I got married and moved away and lost track of her.

Well thanks to my sister insisting I get a Facebook page, she found me and we've been emailing off and on of late.

Recently we exchanged phone numbers. Since my life has finally slowed down, I picked up the phone and gave her a call this evening. It was so great hearing her voice after all these years and talking for more than an hour. Did NOT mean to tie up her time that much.

She ended up waiting to get married until her thirties. Now she has three young kids (well, at least younger than mine) and her time is tied up in being a wife and mother.

Oh how I envy her (and my sisters) for being able to stay home with her kids. Yes, there are sacrifices that must be made when you live on one income, but the benefits you reap in your children no price can be affixed to. She and her husband have made a very wise decision.

The time will eventually pass and become a memory. Someday again she'll have a life outside the home if she desires.

In the meantime, you go girl!

No comments: