Monday, December 8, 2008

Post Performance Blues

My son had his Christmas choir concert at school tonight. We're done with performances for the Christmas season!!!!!!

It's always a tad bittersweet when finishing a performance project. You work so hard for months on end and then - POOF! - it's over in what seems like a flash. Normally I get the post-performance blues for about a week or two, then all is back to normal.

Actually this time I'm not feeling quite so bad. Since I know it is out there, I was already half expecting the feelings. However, since I now will have a few evenings a week to spend relaxing at home, it doesn't sound quite so bad.

Sure will miss the comaraderie the cast all experienced - at least I hope they felt the same way. We all sort of became a mini-family (even though we were supposed to just be acting like one). I know I'll see them around church, but since I'm not an official member of Impact Players, I won't be attending their Monday night gatherings.

Someday I'll be a part - I've already promised Ruth. She kinda extracted it out of me (though I've wanted to for years).

Must have been those cattle-prods.

No comments: