Friday, January 9, 2009

Applications and Road Construction (oh my!)

Spent some time the last couple of days freshening up my resume and preparing cover letter templates. Going to start needing to apply for jobs soon.

Matter of fact, I applied for a couple already yesterday.

Since I've never done this before, I wasn't sure where to begin with the online job sites. One of my co-workers had looked around on Career Builder and sent me some links to a few jobs she thought sounded up my alley.

So I went ahead and applied for them. One is here in my hometown while the other is at their headquarters office in the city.

Pretty much since my son was about a year or two old, I've been having long commutes to work. Starting in 1999 they began some major road construction on key thoroughfares, both of which I used to and from the office.

It has pretty much continued off and on since then. Ten freaking years of road construction! I keep telling myself that progress is painful in the interim but wonderful for the long term. Just didn't realize progress was going to take so long to complete.

I digress.

So starting to look into other employers now, I find several good jobs very close to home. I'm getting kinda excited about the possibility of actually having the chance to not have a long commute everyday.

Yeah right - now that they're almost done with road construction, I may not have to drive it anymore.

Oh well, can't complain if I get one of these positions.

Just think of all the money I'll save on gas!

No comments: