Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Final Day Approaches

Tomorrow is it.

Yep, my last day. There was an impromtu cry-fest this morning between myself and one of my dear co-workers. She and I have shared many stories, counseled and comforted one another over the last ten years. She's seen my son grow up from a little six-year-old child to a wonderful and handsome young man.

It's sure hard to believe sometimes that it's been that long!

Not sure yet how to feel about all this. I've accepted it. I'm ready to move on in many ways, to take a chance while I have it. But I will also desperately miss the working relationships we've built over the years.

We're more than co-workers. We're like family.

And like family we'll go our separate ways, but know we'll see each other every once in awhile. I'm already planning a get-together over here at my home for some homemade lasagna (lots of cheese!). Perhaps next month.

There's a list already begun to ensure we all have current and updated email, home and cell numbers. A couple of us have moved this past year, so we need to make sure our addresses are current with each other too.

I'm comforted to know that this isn't forever. We'll see each other again real soon.

Maybe I'll invite them over to see the movie at the end of the month. :-)

No comments: