Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Stir Crazy Moments

I think I'm starting to go stir crazy.

The last several days I've pretty much been at my computer all day long hunting for jobs, researching agents, querying agents, and working on my second draft cleanup for my book. Haven't hardly stepped outside. Haven't even really done any housework. Haven't been around human companionship - well, except for my son but some days it's hard to call him human.

A few friends have called. I've talked to my mother twice today. Think I'm beginning to drive them all nuts.

They think I need a man.

It's just that I'm so used to being around other people pretty much every single day. This much aloneness is about to create a black hole that will start a chain-reaction and likely suck in the whole universe.

Right now it is important for me to be focused on what I need to accomplish in regard to employment and my book. This does, however, go to show how important people are in our lives. I'm not keen on spending money unnecessarily right now, but this may call for a girlfriend brunch come Saturday.

To all my friends out there - I appreciate you more than you will ever know!

Sometimes it takes a few stir crazy moments to remember that.

2 comments:

Pamela J Pierce, RDN, LD said...

Hey, you do have a stay-at-home sister..... :o)

Denise said...

I'm just not used to being home during the day, I guess. Didn't even cross my mind (which is probably a good thing for you). :-)