Thursday, January 8, 2009

Hanging On For The Ride

Well the New Year cometh - and critique group met at our regularly scheduled time tonight. Yippee! I'm finally back on schedule again.

Yeah, they're jumping for joy alright. I have a nasty habit of butting in sometimes to add my two, three, four cents. Gotta stop doing that or they'll remember how wonderful it was when I was on play hiatus.

Sent my revised query letter for them to take a look at in preparation for beginning to query agents and editors about my completed novel. They had a few excellent suggestions and I'm pumped about a couple of the revision ideas. Hopefully I'll have some time to work on it somemore this weekend.

No, I need to MAKE time for it this weekend. Too important to not make it a priority.

That's one of the things I used to be so good about, but ever since our move into the new house at the end of 2007 I've had so many other pulls on my time that writing has lost its top spot in my personal time slot.

If I'm going to really make an attempt at becoming a published novelist, I have to focus once again and get serious. No more worrying about how awful the house looks. Heck, for three months during the play I HAD to not worry about the house. I guess when I'm home it's too easy for me to see.

Plus I'm terribly anal about the new house. At least for now until we settle in completely, though I'm not sure how many years that will take. I STILL have unpacked boxes stashed away. Ugh!

Anyway, even though I'm not a New Year's Resolution junkie, I need to resolve to once again proritize my writing time if I truly wish to succeed at this.

Opportunities come and go. Just have to recognize the moment and grab ahold when it passes by.

Then hang on for the ride. Maybe I'll write a Western next.

Hey, it could happen!

No comments: