Friday, June 27, 2008

Early To Bed, Early To Rise

One more big day left of writing tomorrow. I'm exhausted so I think I'll turn in early so I can get an early start.

I began the rewrite of my fantasy novel. The start is MUCH stronger than it was. Makes me really happy and gives me a boost in knowing that my decision to start afresh was right. Tested the old and new against my critique group last night and everyone thought it much better than the original. I think I can do this.

It took several years for me to get as far as I did, but I think with the material ripe in my mind and a better sense of my writing ability it should go faster this time. Not throwing away the old chapters but using them as a blueprint, the bones that will eventually hold up the final product like the frame of a house. Now I can add the plumbing, electrical, drywall, and siding.

This is going to be good, so much better than what I thought a few days ago. Maybe I'll end by adding a roof.

Okay, enough with the weird metaphors.

No comments: