Thursday, June 19, 2008

Technology - My Nemesis

I love what technology can do. I just hate having to mess with it.

We got a new computer system here at home (and at work, but that's another story). Spent four hours troubleshooting some problems. My internet and email doesn't look quite right. I can't open attachments that I receive in email, and my printer hardware cannot be found when I plug it in. It keeps asking for a disk, but the dadgum thing didn't come with one!

Tempted to drag the old one back out and toss this one out the window.

Reminds me of some software upgrades we had initiated at work. The program never did work or look right after that. We kept wishing we could somehow go back to the previous version. I thought improvements and upgrades were supposed to make our lives easier. Far too many times I end up bald from pulling my hair out in frustration. Maybe my co-workers will feel sorry for me someday and pay for hair plugs.

Same thing with cell phones. I spend so much time dealing with phone calls all day then again when I get home at night. Why in the world would I want to talk to someone while shopping at Wal-mart, pumping gas, or just driving? Drive time is my only down time anymore. Everyone keeps telling me it would be a good idea for emergencies. The Lord took care of me quite well without one for all my years, thank you very much. At this stage, I think I'll let Him continue doing such a fine job for a few more years at least.

Then maybe at home I'll just get rid of this stupid computer and go back to a typewriter. Do they still make those anymore?

No comments: