Friday, June 20, 2008

Free At Last!

My son is leaving to visit his dad for a week. Okay, okay, this may sound bad but I'm looking forward to it.

We've been really busy lately, out of town, yada-yada-yada, so I haven't had any time to actually do much writing since I finished my last book. So I've planned my free week to get back into the writing saddle. Plus I'll find some time to spend with my friends (party, party, party!).

It may sound weird coming from an almost 40-year old, but spending time with friends is so much fun. Makes me feel like a kid again sometimes. My girlfriends and I look forward to these moments when we can have movie marathons, play cards, drink soda (we're good girls, we are!), eat pizza. etc. etc. Plus the calories don't count when spread with friendship. I finally get to break in my new house too.

Somewhere in between I'll have to squeeze in work, but for now I feel like someone who's been looking forward to a long vacation.

Then I'll be ready to welcome my son home again from his vacation.

No comments: