Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Time Change - How I Hate Thou!

Ugh! I hate time change.

Coming back in from California still has my body clock all messed up. I feel like a zombie.

Everytime I change zones or we have Daylight Savings time, it takes a good week to two weeks for my body to catch up with the glimmering lights of my alarm clock. Doesn't matter if it is forward or backward, I'm screwed up.

That brings me to the stupidity behind Daylight Savings time. Don't get me wrong, I love the long evenings of extra light. I just wish they'd quit flipping back and forth in the spring and fall as if they were God and leave it one way or the other (longer evenings would be my choice). You hear the typical tomes of electrical savings and other such hogwash, but none of it makes any sense when you look at the greater picture. It's still just a bunch of guys running around and screwing with my internal body clock.

Of course, when I travel it is a matter of choice. I know I'm going to have a few zonal zombie moments upon my return. But once again, that's MY choice.

Cause you know I'm not God.

2 comments:

Gary said...

"Zonal zombie". That explains everything.

Denise said...

Doesn't it though? Hey, sounds like something Brian could use in one of his novels!