Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My Poor Baby Kitty!

I had to take Paws into the vet this morning. My poor baby kitty!

For the last several days, his eye has been half closed. Figured he probably had a tiny piece of litter or something in it and it would work its way out. It's happened before so I wasn't too concerned.

Got home from work last night to see my little timid one with a swollen, red eye that was draining. At least the fluid was clear, but I felt like the worst mommie ever! Immediately I called the vet and scheduled him for early in the morning.

My fear was that perhaps his eye was getting infected. Maybe when he and Toby were playing, Toby's back claws caught Pawsy-Poo in the eye. I couldn't figure it out.

Anyway, Paws was none too happy to get captured and crated this morning, dragged like an animal to the vet (wait a minute, he is an animal but don't tell him that). He let me know his displeasure often and loudly. He announced his presence coming and going. My cat sounded possessed!

The vet put this ultraviolet dye in his eyes to check for any scratches or punctures in the eye membranes. There were none (thank God!). Just a slight infection, probably from a stray piece of litter.

Now I get to put antibiotic ointment in his eyes twice a day. Oh goodie. I just hope my boss understands the scratches and blood stains all over my clothes when I arrive at the office in the morning.

2 comments:

Brian Johnson said...

After my eye surgery, the doc put the ultraviolet stuff in my eye too. I remember she put it on something that resembled a toothpick and said "This might sting a little" I remember thinking "I should have never gone to a van down in the woods for LASIX".

Denise said...

Eeeew!