Monday, June 16, 2008

Summertime Sleepovers

My son has his best friend here for a sleepover tonight.

I've been relegated to the living room and office. Monday is the only day I have shows that I like to watch. The TV was mine, all mine until 9:00. Hey, that rhymes! Now they own the family room and television. It's a good time for blogging.

They're probably getting the video game and guitars all set up. Maybe they'll be quiet so I can go to sleep later. Or not. Oh well - I'll get even in the morning.

Usually when they have a sleepover at our house, they'll crash on the sectional in the family room sometime in the wee hours of the morning. But my kitchen is back there too, so it will be open season when I have to get up early in the morning and prepare myself breakfast. Heh, heh, heh! Paybacks...how sweet the revenge.

Nah, I'll probably play the sucker once again and try my best to be as quiet as possible so as not to disturb their rest. Being considerate to those sleeping is just hardwired into my being. I love to see people snoozing peacefully - my son and his friends included.

Now if I accidentally drop a pan on the floor, that's a different story. It would be an accident after all. :-)

No comments: