Friday, July 18, 2008

He's Home!

My little, baby boy is home!

Okay wait, not so little, no longer a baby, young MAN is home. There, that's better.

My son had a great time at International Youth Convention in San Antonio. Some interesting stories too (such as the River Walk - don't ask). He saw someone he knew from another church among all those thousands of teens. There was even someone referenced on the IYC board that I went to college with.

The world is a small place indeed.

They arrived earlier than expected, just before nine this morning. They weren't supposed to be in until noon. I ran over and picked him up, brought him back to my office where he promptly ate a little bit and then crashed on the floor of an empty office for about four hours. I woke him for a late lunch.

For the afternoon, he sat in that office and read his book that I bought him especially for the trip. I think he read one or two chapters at the beginning of the trip and then got so busy and involved he didn't have time to do anymore reading until he returned today. He's about halfway through it now.

While he was gone, his best bud called a couple of times, so my son called him back moments ago. They're making plans for him to go over to visit this evening. Even though he just got back home. Even though he's waivering on his feet.

I remember the days. Thanks, Mom and Dad!

No comments: